Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving science, with annual revenue exceeding $30 billion. Our Mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Whether our customers are accelerating life sciences research, solving complex analytical challenges, improving patient diagnostics and therapies or increasing productivity in their laboratories, we are here to support them. Our global team of more than 80,000 colleagues delivers an unrivaled combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and pharmaceutical services through our industry-leading brands, including Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific, Unity Lab Services and Patheon. For more information, please visit www.thermofisher.com.
Clinical Mass Spectrometry, part of the Clinical Diagnostics Division, offers convenient access to the most comprehensive range of products, ca. 1 million, and services, allowing customers to increase their productivity and efficiency. Our goal is to strengthen customer and supplier value propositions to solidify our position as the premier global scientific supplies channel partner and laboratory productivity enabler.
For our Cascadion Care Global Field Support we are looking for a
Field Service Engineer (m/w/d)
Location: Remote Austria
The Cascadion Care Global Field Support team has been put in place to secure a successful commercialization and to guarantee a unique customer success experience. The team works independently along with the local Field Service group to support and service the Cascadion™ SM Clinical Analyzer.
- Work independently to service mass spectrometry products dedicated for Clinical laboratories involving: Installations, Telephone and On-sie Diagnostics, Preventative Maintenance visits, Un-scheduled service, Remote service and Customer training.
- Accurately document field service activities, including installation report and service work report, expense report and timely submit through the required system.
- Share experience and best practice of product services and applications with colleagues. Contribute to knowledge base to allow continued improvement of work efficiency and effectiveness.
- Effectively communicate with Hotline, Field Application Specialist, Support Specialist, Service manager, Sales Representatives and Sales Manager.
- Actively participate in continuous improvement projects to enhance work quality and effectiveness.
- 3-5 years of experience as Field Service Engineer in liquid chromatography and mass spectrometry methods, hardware and software is ideal.
- Customer orientation – the position requires frequent contact with customers, distributors and other Thermo Fisher Scientific representatives, including written and verbal communication with technical professionals, telephone and email communication with prospective and current customers.
- Develop/maintain a troubleshooting database and write technical service documents for our field support.
- Proven ability to work remotely/independently, demonstrate excellent communication skills and the ability to prioritize workload in an effective manner.
- Increase of service productivity (optimization of existing processes, development of new tools).
- Actively driving forward improvement processes in close cooperation with R&D.
- Strong analytical hardware/technical and application problem solving skills.
- Must be willing and able to travel extensively (est. 50% - 70%) as required.
- Excellent skills in written and spoken English.
- Employment with an innovative, future-oriented organization.
- Outstanding career and development prospects.
- Company pension scheme.
- Exciting company culture which stands for integrity, intensity, involvement and innovation.
Obliged by the Austrian labor law, we are required to state the minimum salary. The minimum remuneration for this position is EUR 51,500.00 gross per year.
ADepending on experience we offer an attractive compensation package based on the market-oriented salaries, which can be above the stated minimum salary.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 80,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or any other legally protected Status.