Lead Electronics Hardware Engineer (m/w/d)
Location: Wien | Fulltime
Lead Hardware Engineer will execute the technical development for the Hardware function in complex development projects supporting Eaton Internet of Things (IoT) and Energy Transition growth initiatives as well as Eaton's protection devices business. You will own all R&D aspects for the related function for the new product line of digitally enabled circuit protection devices. You will also be responsible for defining, specifying and delivering robust and proven technical solutions for the related function from concept development, design and test through industrialization and certification in alignment with other major organizational stakeholders such as Product Management, Manufacturing, Supply Management, Business Development, etc..
Your Key Deliverables:
- Conceptualize, specify, develop and validate function-related designs for circuit protection devices based on product standards and customer needs, as well as functional manufacturability & cost targets
- Develop robust concepts and specifications in alignment with customer requirements
- Lead effort planning of design engineering tasks
- Lead technical design and development tasks
- Coordinate technical cooperation tasks with internal / external development teams
- Utilize appropriate tools and methods (simulation, Design For Six Sigma, …) throughout the design cycle and sustaining engineering tasks
- Design, plan, set up, conduct, document, and review development tests
- Secure compliance of technical solutions for the related function with internal and external standards and regulations
- Provide and maintain complete engineering documentation using Eaton tools and systems
- Support project issue resolution activities
- Resolve technical design issues for the related function and deliver optimal solutions with respect to function, manufacturability and cost
- Act as mentor for Junior Engineers and functionally leads & supervises technicians & drafters
- Act as an expert for functional aspects in product technology and provide technical support and guidance to other functions such as Product Management, Quality and Manufacturing
- Engineering Degree, M.Sc., with specialization in Hardware development or similar.
- Minimum 5 years' related experience in Hardware development
- Proven experience and solid knowledge in electronic HW development and design:
- Proven experience in Analog and Digital design.
- Proven experience with Voltage/Current sensing topologies.
- Proven experience in magnetic design, Inductors, CM/Diff chokes, Current transformers etc..
- Proven experience with Switching components (up to 1kV/100A)
- Proven experience of implementation Embedded microprocessors in design.
- Engineer with in-depth experience in design of modules, products and systems (5-7 years of experience)
- Experience with Design for Six Sigma methods"
- Knowledge of HW design tools like Mentor/Altium/Cadence/Spice etc.
- Proven project management skillset.
- Fluent in English and German, both written and spoken.
- Self-motivated and able to inspire others.
- Good communication skills.
- Ready to work in cross-functional and international teams
- Challenging tasks in a dynamic environment in which you can quickly take on responsibility and actively help shape it.
- Responsible, varied and independent work in direct customer contact.
- Attractive framework conditions with the professional opportunities of a large company such as targeted further training measures, extensive development prospects and interesting career opportunities
- Compatibility of work, family and private life through flexible working hours and a family-friendly personnel policy
- A structured and careful induction within a well-established team in which personal commitment and mutual helpfulness come first.
A performance-oriented and attractive salary depending on training, qualifications and professional experience from around EUR 75.000, p.a. (depending on qualifications and experience, an overpayment is planned)